You must now be familiar with ink cartridges and the different type of cartridges you can buy like compatible toner cartridges or re-manufactured ink cartridges for your printer but how well is your knowledge of printers? Here are some interesting facts about printers that you may not know about.
1. Did you know that the laser printer was invented by a woman, according to some websites? But there is no truth to that as laser printers was invented by Gary Starkweather in 1969 who worked at Xerox. So we can say that the Xerox printer was the first ever laser printer in the market. Well done Xerox for being the first.
2. Did you know that the inkjet cartridge that you receive free when you purchase a printer is only half filled. But why do large companies like Epson, Canon, and HP do this? There can only be one explanation for this. Firstly companies that make your printer want you to buy ink cartridges from them because they only make money from selling consumable supplies for their printers. They don’t make any profit from selling their printers, they start making money from the inks that you buy from them. And by half filling the ink cartridges means that the ink cartridges runs out quicker and you will end up buying more. It’s a sneaky way for printer manufacturers to get you to buy more ink cartridges. It only costs them about 10p more to fill the ink cartridge to its maximum capacity. It’s appalling that the printer manufacturers do this. At inkntoneruk, we are the opposite as we fill the empty ink cartridges to its maximum capacity so that they hold more ink that the original cartridges and lasts longer in your printer. We can also supply you with compatible ink cartridges so you won’t have to send us your empty cartridges to us to be refilled, we will just provide you with a remanufactured inkjet cartridge.
3. Laser printers are hot. When you are using a printer the fuser unit in the laser printer can reach up to a massive 204 degrees Celsius! Now that’s hot, so glad there is a thick casing around the printer. The fuser unit is what produces the heat and fuses the toner particles on to the paper.
4. We all buy ink cartridges to print on paper. Did you know that you can buy special ink cartridges to be used with special printers that are edible. Imagine printing something that you can eat. Yummy!
5. If your old printer has had its days and is broken and knackered, dispose of it correctly my taking it to a skip. Don’t go crazy and start smashing it up into pieces. Here is a video of how not to dispose of a printer. Be sensible like the printer company Brother where recycling is important to them as they recycle millions of toner cartridges each year to protect enough trees for Koala bears in Australia.